The following instructions are for the Billy Goat KV Vacuum, which is for the KV600 and KV650H models. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner's manual for safety information.
- Wait for the engine to cool and disconnect the spark plug.
- Drain fuel and oil from the engine.
- Remove the bag, quick release, and upper handle. Do not kink, stretch, or break control cables, control housings, or end fittings while removing handles.
- Remove the housing top plate by removing bolts around the outside of the housing.
- Leaving the engine fastened to the top plate, turn it upside down so that the impeller is on top.
- Remove the impeller bolt, lock washer, and washer.
- Lift the impeller upward, if the impeller proceed to (step 10).
- Place two crowbars between the impeller and housing on opposite sides. Pry the impeller away from the engine until it loosens. Using a penetrating oil can help loosen a stuck impeller.
- If the impeller does not loosen, use two pry bars and pull the impeller near the hub away from the engine, this should loosen it and allow you to remove the impeller from the shaft. Using a penetrating oil can help loosen a stuck impeller.
- Using a new impeller bolt, lock washer, and washer, reinstall the new impeller in reverse order.
- Tighten the impeller bolt. Torque the impeller bolt to 33-38 Ft. Lbs. (44-51 N.m).
- Reinstall the engine onto the housing in reverse order of removal.
- Fuel up with gas and oil.
- Reinstall the spark plug wire.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner's manual.