Published on July 20th, 2016 | by Brandon0
How Mulching Blades Work
What are mulching blades?
Mulching blades are blades for your lawn mower that cut down the size of grass clippings before they end up on your lawn. The grass goes upwards into the deck and falls back between the 2 rotating blades where it is further cut up before landing on the ground.
- Steel – Tough metal to withstand repeated use
- Underneath the deck
How it works:
- The blades cut the tips of the grass off
- The grass clippings get sucked up into the deck
- They fall back down and get cut up again (mulching)
- The clippings get left on the lawn to help add nutrients back into the soil
- Be sure the blades are installed properly
- Keep the blades sharp, as dull blades can damage the grass
- Always check your blades for damage, if there is any damage, promptly replace them.