Published on July 31st, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Change the Oil Filter for a Snapper P2185020
The following instructions are for the Snapper 21″ Series 20 Steel Deck Walk Mower, which is for the model number P2185020. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- Drain the oil from the engine.
- Remove the oil filter and dispose of it properly.
- Before you install the new oil filter, lightly lubricate the oil filter gasket with fresh, clean oil.
- Install the oil filter by hand until the gasket contacts the oil filter adapter, then tighten the oil filter 1/2 to 3/4 turns.
- Add oil.
- Start and run the engine. As the engine warms up, check for oil leaks.
- Stop the engine and check the oil level. It should be at the top of the full indicator on the dipstick.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.