Published on July 25th, 2016 | by Brandon0
How to Change the Oil of a Makita Backpack Blower
Regularly changing your engine oil and filter will help keep your engine well-lubricated and protected. Blowers are often exposed to even more dust and dirt than most power equipment. You should change the oil more frequently if you are using your blower in very dirty or dusty conditions.
- Step 1: Place the equipment on a flat surface.
- Step 2: Make sure you have a container that is suitable for holding at least 220 ml of oil. Place it under the drainage hole so that it catches the oil as it drains out.
- Step 3: Let the oil drain out by loosening and removing the bolt on the oil drain. Keep the drain bolt in a clean place. Be careful to not spill oil on any part of the equipment. If any is spilled, properly clean it up and dispose of it.
- Step 4: Take off the oil cap and set it down in a clean area.
- Step 5: Tilt the equipment as needed to assist in draining the oil. Be sure that the oil drains completely.
- Step 6: Securely tighten the drain bolt once the oil has finished draining.
- Step 7: Remove the oil cap and add oil until it reaches the upper limit on the gauge.
- Step 8: Once you’re done filling the oil, reattach and tighten the cap.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.