Published on August 1st, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Check and Adjust the Steering Wires for a Husqvarna R120S
The following instructions are for the Husqvarna Rider, which is for the model number R120S. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- Position the wheels straight ahead.
- Tension can be checked approximately 150 mm along the wire from the adjustment screw.
- Push the wire by hand up and down on the steering collar. Make a mark at the top and bottom positions.
- Measure the distance between the marks. The distance should be 15 +or- 5 mm.
- If necessary, the wires can be adjusted by tightening the adjuster nuts on each side of the steering collar. Do not over tighten the cables; they should only be drawn in towards the steering collar.
- Hold the cable using an adjustable wrench so that it doesn’t twist, if you only tension one side the steering wheel’s center position may change, check the wire tension on completion of the adjustment.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.