Published on August 24th, 2016 | by Brandon0
How to Clear Snow with Your Honda Two Stage Snow Blower
Clear that snow from your driveway as quickly and efficiently as possible with the following instructions and tips. All of the following information is based on the Honda HSS928A and HSS1332A snow blowers.
- Step 1: Set the throttle to the “FAST” position while operating your equipment, if it isn’t already in “FAST”.
- Step 2: Release the auger clutch lever.
- Step 3: Position the shift lever to your desired drive speed. If you’re removing deep/hard snow, it is recommended that you use a slower drive speed. If you’re removing heavy/wet snow, a faster drive speed is recommended.
- Step 4: *For the AT and ATD only, adjust the auger height until it is in the desired position.
- Step 5: Use the chute joystick control to set your desired throwing direction.
- Step 6: Squeeze the auger clutch lever. This will cause the auger to rotate and start to clear snow.
Squeezing the drive clutch lever will cause the snow blower to propel itself. You will be driven forward if the transmission shifter is set in the forward position.
When you squeeze both levers, the auger clutch lever will become locked. This will allow you to continue to use the drive clutch lever with one hand and have another hand free to utilize the other controls of the snow blower.
- Step 7: Let go of both levers to stop the snow blower from clearing snow and moving.
General Use Tips
- If you’re having trouble clearing snow that is very tightly packed and deep, reduce the forward speed of the snow blower.
- If necessary, use a forward/reverse pattern to clear troublesome snow.
- Clear snow as soon as possible before it freezes and hardens.
- Clear snow in overlapping paths to reduce load on your equipment.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.