Published on June 23rd, 2016 | by Brandon0
How to Inspect and Clean the Air Filter of a Honda VersAttach Trimmer
It is important to frequently inspect and, if needed, replace your air filter to ensure high quality engine performance and durability for your Honda VersAttach. If you are working in especially dusty or dirty areas, it is recommended that you inspect and clean your air filter more often than usual.
Keep in mind, running the engine without an air filter attached will cause very rapid engine damage. Additionally, if a dry air filter with no oil applied to it is installed, dirt and dust will enter the engine, causing rapid damage.
- Step 1: Move the choke lever upward into the closed position.
- Step 2: Next, remove the air filter cover. This is done by unhooking the upper and lower tabs on the cover of the air filter case.
- Step 3: Take note of the proper position and seating of the air filter. Inspect it for any obvious dirt, damage, or debris. If it is damaged, replace it. If it is only dirty or dusty, read below to find out how to clean your filter.
- Step 4: If the air filter is in fine condition, make sure it is properly positioned and seated into its case.
- Step 5: Insert the lower and upper tabs back onto the cover of the case, securing the cover.
- Step 1: Wash the air filter with warm soapy water, then rinse it and allow it to completely dry.
- Step 2: Once it’s dry, dip it in clean engine oil. Then, get rid of excess oil by squeezing it out. If too much oil is left on the air filter, the engine will smoke upon startup.
- Step 3: Properly position and seat the air filter back into its case.
- Step 4: Put the air filter cover back on by reattaching he lower and upper tabs.
Now you can be sure that your VersAttach has a clean and intact air filter. Remember to check your owner’s manual for specifics regarding inspect and maintenance schedules, safety procedures, and more.