Published on June 23rd, 2016 | by Brandon0
How to Inspect and Clean the Fuel Filter and Fuel Tank of a Honda VersAttach Trimmer
It’s very important to keep your fuel filter and fuel tank as clean as possible and in top notch condition. These parts ensure that your fuel stays in good shape and can flow without obstruction. Having a dirty/damaged fuel filter or fuel tank can lead to difficulty starting your equipment or running at certain speeds.
The key to lengthening the life of your Honda VersAttach or any other piece of power equipment is to maintain a consistent inspection and maintenance schedule. If you spend time taking care of your equipment, it will stick around longer.
Before attempting any inspection or maintenance, read your owner’s manual for safety procedures and suggested maintenance schedules. Keep in mind that gasoline is highly flammable and dangerous. Stop the engine and let it cool before attempting to inspect your equipment.
- Step 1: Make sure that the oil filler cap is securely fastened before attempting to inspect or clean your equipment.
- Step 2: Remove the cap of the fuel tank and drain the fuel using an approved gasoline container. Do this by tipping the powerhead of your VersAttach toward the opening of the fuel tank.
- Step 3: Carefully remove the fuel filter from the neck of the fuel tank opening.
- Step 4: Examine the fuel filter. If it is extremely dirty or damaged, replace it. If the fuel filter has a minor amount of dirt, gently wash it using non-flammable or high flash point solvent.
- Step 5: Rinse the inside of the fuel tank with non-flammable or high flash point solvent to remove water and dirt.
- Step 6: Reinsert the fuel filter and reattach the fuel tank cap. Make sure it is securely tightened.
Regularly maintaining and cleaning your fuel tank and filter will go a long way in increasing the quality of performance and durability of your equipment. Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you.