Published on July 24th, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Install an LED Light Kit on Your Husqvarna Zero Turn Mower
The following instructions are for the Husqvarna #587 49 51-01 LED light kit, which is for the Zero Turn (Z Series) Mowers. Before attempting to install this kit or work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- Flip the seat assembly forward.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
- Remove the single retaining knob for the foot pan.
- Remove the foot pan assembly.
- Remove the front skid plate by unscrewing the three retaining bolts.
- Slide the assembly rearward to disengage from the chassis.
- Attach the LED module to the new skid plate with supplied #10 screws. Do not over-tighten.
- Insert the center groove of the two rubber grommets into the two side slots of the skid plate.
- Insert the center groove of the adjustment bolt into the rear slot of the skid plate.
- Slide the supplied 5/16 x 1.25 bolts through the rubber grommets.
- Thread the 5/16 x 1.25 bolts, as well as adjusting them, into the chassis until their on tight.
- Using a wrench or socket, continue to tighten the front two screws just enough to remove space between the bolt heads, grommets, and chassis. Do not over-tighten.
- Move to the rear adjustment bolt and tighten it with two full turns.
Note: The headlight assembly should now feel secure without any “wobble” or looseness. The front bolts can be further tightened slightly if they’re still loose.
- Attach the harness to the LED headlight assembly, route the harness under the floorboard and up to the harness/battery area under the driver’s seat.
- Attach the LED harness to the frame under the floorboard with the attached clips, ensure that it doesn’t droop or come close to the deck or other moving parts.
- Working from beneath the seat area, route the harness across and under the seat support, ensuring that the harness does not engage any moving components.
- Locate the accessory pigtail on the mower’s wiring harness and plug in the light harness.
- Secure the harness to the chassis with the christmas tree fastener that is attached to the light harness.
- Double check that the harness doesn’t have any contact with moving components.
- Reattach the negative cable to the battery and check for proper operation of the headlight.
Note: The pitch of the headlight can be adjusted up or down slightly by tightening or loosening the adjusting bolt. This will regulate how close or far away the light is projected.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.