Published on July 26th, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Operate the Debris Bag on a Billy Goat KV
The following instructions are for the Billy Goat KV Vacuum, which is for the KV600 and KV650H models. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- Note: Frequently empty debris to prevent the bag from overloading with more weight than you can lift.
- Do not place the bag on or near a hot surface, such as the engine. Be sure the engine has come to a complete stop before removing or emptying the bag.
- Run the machine at idle to quarter throttle.
- The debris bag must be cleaned more frequently. A vacuum with a clean, pillow soft bag will have a good pickup performance. Having a dirty, tight bag will cause poor pickup performance. If its dirty, empty the the debris and vigorously shake the bag free of dust.
- Pressure-wash the debris bag if normal cleaning does not fully clean the bag. The bag should be thoroughly dry before using.
- Note: Having one or more spare debris bags is a good way to reduce down time while the dirty bags are being cleaned. DO NOT leave debris in the bag while in storage.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.