Published on October 19th, 2016 | by Brandon0
How to Operate Your Husqvarna 48 Inch Snow Blade
Be familiar with how to properly position and operate your Husqvarna 48 inch snow blade. Remember to read and understand the owner’s manual included with your snow blade to learn how to properly install your snow blade and for relevant safety information.
Operating and Positioning the Blade
- Locate the handle grip on the end of the handle tube.
- Pull the handle grip back towards you while pushing down the handle to raise the blade up.
- Pull the handle grip back towards you while lifting the handle up to lower the blade.
- Raise the blade up into the transport position to unlock the blade.
- To pivot the blade, start by pushing the lock release grip against the the tube handle.
- Keep the grip held and push the handle tube either forward or back to slide it along the lift rod.
- Release the grip to lock the blade in place when it is in the desired position.
Using the Blade
- Prepare and start your engine for cold weather conditions according to your engine’s owner’s manual.
- Start with the transmission in first (low). Increase your speed gradually if needed.
- Use the blade to push snow in different directions to result excessive snow build up in the same location.
- Reduce icing on the blade by allowing your tractor and blade to adjust to the temperature in the operating area.
- Coat the blade in automotive type paste wax to improve snow removal performance of your snow blade.