Published on August 1st, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Properly Start a Husqvarna R120S
The following instructions are for the Husqvarna Rider, which is for the model number R120S. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- Make sure the release lever is pushed in (Run Position).
- Lift up the cutting unit by pulling the lever backwards to its locked position.
- Activate the parking brake. Press down the parking brake pedal, press in the lock button on the steering column, release the brake pedal while holding the button pressed.
- The parking brake lock disengages automatically when the brake pedal is pressed.
- With a Cold Engine:
- Move the throttle to position 3 (choke position). In this position the engine is fed with a richer mixture, which means the engine is easier to start.
- With a Warm Engine:
- Move the throttle in between positions 1 and 2.
- Turn the ignition key to the start position.
- Important Information: If the engine does not start, wait about 15 seconds before trying again. If the engine does not start wait about 1 minute before trying again.
- When the engine starts release the ignition key immediately back to neutral position.
- Push the throttle lever gradually rearward when the engine has started. Let the engine run at moderate speed or half throttle for 3-5 minutes before subjecting it to a heavy load.
- Set the required engine speed with the throttle control.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.