Published on July 25th, 2016 | by Brandon0
How to Replace the Air Cleaner of a Makita Backpack Blower
Want to save money by reducing unnecessary repair costs? Regularly replacing and cleaning your air filter will ensure that dirt and debris cannot enter your engine and cause damage.
Air filters are very cheap and easy to replace. Despite this, they are a crucial part of the equipment that can cause your engine to run rough or to not even start at all sometimes if not properly maintained.
- Step 1: Find the air cleaner cover. Loosen the knob bolt.
- Step 2: Remove the cover.
- Step 3: Take the air filter out and inspect it. If it is dirty, clean it with a brush (do not use water). If it is extremely dirty or damaged, you will need to replace it.
- Step 4: Use a rag to clean any oil that might be on the breather.
- Step 5: Clean dirt off of the air cleaner cover.
- Step 6: Install the new or cleaned air cleaner.
- Step 7: Reattach the air cleaner cover and secure the knob bolt.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.