Published on July 31st, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Replace the Air Filter for a Husqvarna R120S
The following instructions are for the Husqvarna Rider, which is for the model number R120S. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- Open the engine cover.
- Loosen the knobs holding the filter cover in place and remove it.
- Remove the air filter cover.
- Lift out the air filter cartridge from the fan housing.
- Remove the foam rubber prefilter which is placed around the filter cartridge and clean using a mild detergent.
- Dry the pre-filter properly.
- Important Information: Do not use compressed air to clean the paper filter, do not oil the paper filter, they must be fitted dry.
- Refit the prefilter on the filter cartridge.
- Slide the filter onto the air hose.
- Push the filter cartridge in place.
- Refit the air filter cover.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.