Published on August 1st, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Replace the Engine Oil for a Husqvarna R120S
The following instructions are for the Husqvarna Rider, which is for the model number R120S. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- Warning: Engine oil can be very hot if it is drained directly after stopping the engine. Allow the engine to cool somewhat first.
- Place a container underneath the engine’s left oil drain plug.
- Remove the dipstick. Remove the drain plug from the engine’s left side.
- Let the oil run out into the container.
- Fit the drain plug and tighten it.
- Fill with oil up to the “FULL” mark on the dipstick, the oil is topped off through the hole the dipstick sits in.
- The engine holds 1.6 liters when the oil filter is not replaced and 1.8 liters of oil when the oil filter is replaced.
- Run the engine warm, then check that there is no leakage from the oil plug.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.