Published on August 1st, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Replace the Spark Plug for a Husqvarna R120S
The following instructions are for the Husqvarna Rider, which is for the model number R120S. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- Remove the ignition cable boot and clean around the spark plug.
- Remove the spark plug wit ha 5/8″ (16 mm) spark plug socket wrench.
- Check the spark plug. Replace the spark plug if the electrodes are burned or if the insulation is cracked or damaged. Clean the spark plug with a steel brush if it is to be reused.
- Measure the electrode gap with a gapping tool. The gap should be 0.75 mm/0.030″. Adjust as necessary by bending the side electrode.
- Reinsert the spark plug, turning by hand to avoid damaging the threads.
- Important: Inadequately tightened spark plugs can cause overheating and damage the engine. Tightening the spark plug too much can damage the threads in the cylinder head.
- Tighten the spark plug, once it touches the seating, with the spark plug socket wrench. Tighten the spark plug so that the washer is compressed. A used spark plug should be turned 1/8 of a turn from the seated position. A new spark plug should be turned a 1/4 turn from the seated position.
- Replace the ignition cable shoe.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.