Published on July 31st, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Sharpen the Blades for a Snapper P2185020
The following instructions are for the Snapper 21″ Series 20 Steel Deck Walk Mower, which is for the model number P2185020. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- Disconnect the spark plug wire and secure the end away from the plug.
- Tilt the mower up on its rear wheels. Do not tilt the mower with the spark plug or carburetor down.
- Important: Drain the fuel tank before tipping the mower. DO NOT tip the machine with the carburetor or spark plug down.
- Remove the blade.
- Sharpen the blade on a grinding wheel at an angle of 22 to 28 degrees. DO NOT sharpen the blade beyond the original cutting edge.
- Check the blade for balance. If necessary, correct the balance by grinding the heavy end of the blade.
- Reinstall the blade
- Check the torque of the blade retaining cap screw. Recommended torque should be 40 lb-ft (54 N.m).
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.