Published on August 1st, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Store a Husqvarna R120S
The following instructions are for the Husqvarna Rider, which is for the model number R120S. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- Carefully clean the machine, especially under the cutting unit. Touch-up any paint damage to avoid rust.
- Inspect the machine for worn or damaged parts and tighten loose screws and nuts.
- Change the engine oil, and take care of the waste oil.
- Empty the fuel tank. Start the engine and run it until the carburetor is emptied of fuel.
- Remove the plugs and pour about a tablespoon of engine oil into each cylinder. Turn the ignition key to the “start” position for a few seconds to distribute the oil and screw the plugs back on.
- Grease all grease nipples, joints, and axles.
- Remove the battery. Clean it, charge it, and store it in a cool place.
- Store the machine in a clean and dry place and cover it over for extra protection.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.