Published on July 31st, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Store a Snapper P2185020
The following instructions are for the Snapper 21″ Series 20 Steel Deck Walk Mower, which is for the model number P2185020. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- Disconnect the spark plug wire and secure away from the spark plug.
- Drain the fuel tank and let the engine run until all the fuel is out of the carburetor.
- Note: If your using a fuel stabilizer, there is no need to drain the fuel tank.
- Use a brush or compressed air to remove loose debris, then use a damp cloth to wipe down the unit.
- Tilt the mower up on its rear wheels and inspect the underside of the deck. (Do not tilt the mower with the spark plug or carburetor down.) Scrape away stubborn accumulation of grass with a putty knife and/or wire brush.
- Lubricate all exposed metal with a light coating of oil to prevent corrosion.
- Carefully fold the handles, flexing the control cables to prevent cable damage.
- Store the mower in a shed or other dry area, protected from weather.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.