Published on July 24th, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Store Your Efco TR 1551 Earth Auger
The following instructions are for the Efco TR1551 Earth Auger. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- Drain and clean the fuel tank in a well ventilated area.
- Drain all fuel from the tank into a container approved for gasoline, run the engine until it stops. This will remove all the fuel-oil mix which could become stale and leave varnish and gum in the fuel system.
- Clean out any unwanted material form the earth auger. Keep away from corrosive agents such as garden chemicals and de-icing salts.
- Abide by all Federal and local regulations for safe storage and handling of gasoline. Excess fuel should be used in other 2-cycle engine powered equipment.
- Remove the spark plug and pour a small amount of oil into the cylinder.
- Using the starting rope, rotate the crankshaft to distribute the oil. Put the spark plug back in.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.