Published on July 6th, 2016 | by Brandon0
Husqvarna Fast Tractor: How to Change the Oil
To ensure the smooth operation and high durability of your Husqvarna Fast Tractor, it is recommended that you change the oil after every 50 hours of operation or after one year, whichever comes first.
Before changing the oil, have an appropriate container ready to catch/dispose of the old oil. Determine the expected temperature range so that you can use the appropriate viscosity grade of oil. Below 32°F, 5W-30 is recommended. Above 32°F, SAE 30 is recommended. Use high quality detergent oil that has an API service classification of SG-SL.
- Step 1: Raise the hood and remove the fastener from the lower dash cover. Slide the cover up to release its tabs from their slots. Remove the lower dash cover.
- Step 2: Remove the oil filling cap/dipstick. Take the yellow cap off of the drain valve and install the drain tube on the fitting.
- Step 3: Push the drain valve inward and turn it counterclockwise to unlock it. Open it by pulling it out.
- Step 4: Allow the oil to drain completely. Once it has, push the drain valve inward and turn it clockwise to lock it. Check that the pin is in the locked position.
- Step 5: Remove the drain tube and place the yellow cap onto the drain valve.
- Step 6: Slowly fill with oil using the oil fill dipstick tube. Be sure that the dipstick cap is tightened for an accurate reading of the oil level. Ensure that oil is kept at the line on the dipstick that says “FULL”.
- Step 7: When you are finished, tighten the cap on the tube.
Remember to not overfill the oil and to prevent dirt/debris from entering the engine when you change the oil. For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.