Published on July 6th, 2016 | by Brandon0
Husqvarna Fast Tractor: How to Install the Mower Deck
Before servicing your tractor or mower deck, set the parking brake and make sure that the attachment clutch is set to “DISENGAGED”. Stop the ignition and take out the key. Be sure that all parts of the equipment have stopped moving. Disconnect the spark plug wire and place it away from the spark plug.
- Step 1: Assemble the front gauge wheel to the front of the mower.
- Step 2: Turn the steering wheel to the left and place the mower on the right side of the tractor. The deflector shield should be on the right side.
- Step 3: Bring the belt forward, check to make sure that it is properly seated and routed throughout all of the mower pulley grooves.
- Step 4: Make sure the side suspension arms are pointing forward. Slide the mower under the tractor and center it underneath the middle of the tractor.
- Step 5: On the right side of the mower, insert the 90° side of the anti-sway bar into the hole in the transaxle bracket that is near the rear tire.
- Step 6: Insert the other end of the anti-sway bar (the integrated washer side) into the hole on the rear of the mower bracket. Secure it with a small washer and retainer spring.
- Step 7: Place the front hole of the side suspension arm over the pin on the outside of the tractor chassis. Secure it with a large washer and large retainer spring. Do the same on the opposite side of the tractor as well.
- Step 8: Insert the rod end of the rear lift link into the hole on the tractor lift shaft suspension arm. Pivot the link toward the mower.
- Step 9: Lift up the rear corner of the mower and set the slot in the link assembly over the pin on the rear mower bracket. Secure it with a large washer and large spring retainer. Do the same on the opposite side of the tractor.
- Step 10: Turn the steering wheel so that the wheels are straight. From in front of the tractor, insert the rod end of the front link through the hole in the tractor front suspension bracket.
- Step 11: On the left side of the mower, insert a large retainer spring through the hole in the front link behind the front suspension bracket. Insert the other end of the link into the hole on the front mower bracket. Secure it with a washer and small retainer spring.
- Step 12: Disengage the belt tension rod from the locking bracket.
- Step 13: Install the belt onto the engine clutch pulley.
- Step 14: Engage the belt tension rod onto the locking bracket.
- Step 15: Bring the attachment lift lever up to its highest position.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.