Published on July 6th, 2016 | by Brandon2
Husqvarna Fast Tractor: How to Replace the Motion Drive Belt
Before replacing or adjusting any belts, park your tractor on a level surface and engage the parking brake. There is a belt installation guide on the bottom side of the left footrest.
- Step 1: Remove the mower.
- Step 2: Take a picture of the motion drive belt before removing it to help you install the new belt.
- Step 3: Remove the belt from the stationary idler, the clutching idler, and the centerspan idler.
- Step 4: Bring the belt slack toward the back of the tractor and remove the belt upwards from the transaxle input pulley.
- Step 5: Remove the belt downward from the engine pulley.
- Step 6: Move the belt toward the back of the tractor, off the steering plate, and off of the tractor.
- Step 1: Install the new belt onto the tractor starting from the back and working towards the front. Bring it over the steering plate and above the clutch brake pedal shaft.
- Step 2: Pull the belt toward the front of the tractor and roll it onto the engine pulley
- Step 3: Bring the belt back toward the rear of the tractor. Put it around the transaxle input pulley. Make sure it’s inside the belt keeper.
- Step 4: Install it onto the centerspan idler, then through the stationary idler and the clutching idler.
- Step 5: Check to make sure that the belt is seated and routed properly in all of the pulley grooves, belt guides, and keepers.
- Step 6: Reinstall the mower.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.