Published on July 6th, 2016 | by Brandon0
Husqvarna Fast Tractor: How to Replace the Deck Drive Belt
Before replacing or adjusting any belts, park your tractor on a level surface and engage the parking brake. There is a belt installation guide on the bottom side of the left footrest.
- Step 1: Have your tractor parked on a level surface with the parking brake engaged.
- Step 2: Set the attachment lift lever to its lowest position.
- Step 3: Disengage the belt tension rod from the lock bracket.
- Step 4: Remove the screws from the mandrel covers and remove the covers.
- Step 5: Clean dirt/grass out from around the mandrels and on the deck.
- Step 6: Take a picture of the way the belt is routed and positioned to help with the installation of the new belt.
- Step 7: Carefully remove the belt from the electric clutch pulley, the mandrel pulleys, and the idler pulleys.
- Step 1: Using your picture, install the belt properly around the mandrel pulleys and idler pulleys. Then, install the belt onto the electric clutch pulley.
- Step 2: Check to make sure that the belt is properly routed and positioned.
- Step 3: Assemble the mandrel covers. Insert the screws and tighten them.
- Step 4: Engage the belt tension rod on the locking bracket.
- Step 5: Bring the attachment lift lever up to its highest position.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.