Published on July 6th, 2016 | by Brandon1
Husqvarna Fast Tractor: How to Use the Deck Washout Port
Your Husqvarna Fast Tractor is equipped with a deck washing system that should be utilized as often as possible. A clean deck will allow your equipment to last longer and be used much more efficiently. Dirty/clogged decks are some of the most common causes of low performance and part failure.
- Step 1: Park your tractor on a level surface that is within reach of a spigot.
- Step 2: Set the attachment clutch control to the “DISENGAGED” position. Engage the parking brake and stop the engine.
- Step 3: Place the nozzle adapter onto your garden hose.
- Step 4: Pull back the lock mechanism on the nozzle adapter, push the adapter onto the deck washout port and release the lock mechanism to lock the adapter in place.
- Step 5: Gently pull on the hose to make sure that it is securely connected to the washout port.
- Step 6: Turn the water on. Sit in the operator’s seat and start the engine. Put the throttle control to the fast (rabbit) position.
- Step 7: Engage the attachment clutch control. Stay on the tractor until the deck is sufficiently cleaned.
- Step 8: When the deck is clean, set the attachment clutch control back to the “DISENGAGED” position. Turn the ignition key to “STOP” and turn the engine off.
- Step 9: Turn the water off.
- Step 10: Pull back the locking mechanism on the nozzle adapter and disconnect it from the washout port.
- Step 11: Bring the tractor to a dry area and engage the attachment clutch control to rid the equipment of excess water.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.