Published on June 28th, 2016 | by Brandon0
Husqvarna Z Series Mowers: How to Start and Operate Your Mower
Starting up your mower might not be as easy as it sounds. Mowers, as well as power equipment in general, tend to have different starting methods and procedures. Before we jump into starting your Husqvarna Z Series mower, take some time to get familiar with your equipment.
- Step 1: Read the Safety and Controls sections of your owner’s manual. Perform recommended daily maintenance and inspection before attempting to start and operate your machine.
- Step 2: Make sure there is enough fuel in the tank and that your seat is adjusted to your preferred position.
- Step 1: Sit on the seat and raise the deck to its highest position.
- Step 2: Push the blade switch downwards to disengage the mower blades.
- Step 3: Move the steering/park brake handles outwards into the locked position.
- Step 4: Move the throttle lever to full throttle. Push in and turn the ignition key to the starting position.
- Step 5: Release the ignition key to the run position as soon as the engine starts.
- Step 6: Run the engine at mid throttle for a brief period of time before using the mower. Once you start mowing, using full throttle.
- Step 1: Pull the steering/park brake controls in to the neutral position. Attempting to leave the seat while the engine is running will cause the engine to shut down for safety purposes.
- Step 2: Lower the mower deck into your preferred cutting height.
- Step 3: Change the throttle control to full throttle (rabbit) and pull the blade switch back up to engage the mower deck.
- Step 4: Move the control levers inward and slightly forward to start moving in a straight line.
Now that you know how to start and operate your mower, you’re ready to get cutting! Remember to check your manual for specifics and safety procedures.