Published on July 31st, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Replace a Driven Disc for a Snapper P2185020
The following instructions are for the Snapper 21″ Series 20 Steel Deck Walk Mower, which is for the model number P2185020. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- If the rubber on the driven disc is badly chunked or worn, it must be replaced.
- Remove the pin and washer from the transfer rod, and remove the end of the transfer rod from the hole in the driven disc assembly.
- Using needle nose pliers, unhook the drive spring and slide the driven disc assembly off the hex shaft.
- Remove the two snap rings which secure the rubber driven disc to the driven disc assembly.
- Install a new rubber driven disc onto the driven disc assembly, and secure it with the retaining rings.
- Reverse the above procedures for reassembly and installation of the driven disc assembly.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.