Published on July 31st, 2017 | by Kyle E0
How to Replace an Air Filter for a Snapper P2185020
The following instructions are for the Snapper 21″ Series 20 Steel Deck Walk Mower, which is for the model number P2185020. Before attempting to work on/with your equipment in any way, always refer to your owner’s manual for safety information.
- Note: Do not use pressurized air or solvents to clean the filter. Pressurized air can damage the filter and solvents will dissolve the filter.
- Remove the fastener and the air filter cover.
- Remove the pre-cleaner and the filter.
- To loosen debris, gently tap the filter on a hard surface. If the filter is excessively dirty, replace it with a new filter.
- Wash the pre-cleaner in liquid detergent and water. Then allow it to thoroughly air dry. Do not oil the pre-cleaner.
- Assemble the dry pre-cleaner to the filter.
- Install the filter and pre-cleaner into the base. Make sure the filter fits securely in the base.
- Install the air filter cover and secure it with a fastener. Make sure the fastener is tight.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.