Published on August 17th, 2016 | by Brandon0
How to Check and Change the Oil of Your Troy-Bilt 4-Cycle String Trimmer
Regularly check, change, and add oil to your engine if needed. Keeping up with oil changes will greatly increase the overall life and quality of your equipment. Be sure to use the right volume and quality of oil for your specific equipment. Do not overfill.
Before servicing any power equipment, follow the safety instructions laid out in your owner’s manual. Make sure the equipment is completely stopped, cooled down, and that no parts are moving before attempting to service your equipment.
Checking the Oil
- Step 1: Stop the engine and allow it to cool off for several minutes.
- Step 2: Place your unit on a flat and level surface. Position it so that the engine is completely level.
- Step 3: Look at the oil level window. The oil should fill the window halfway.
- Step 4: If the oil is below halfway, clean the space around the oil filling plug.
- Step 5: Unscrew the oil filling plug.
- Step 6: Add oil until the its level reaches halfway up the oil level window.
- Step 7: Screw in the oil filling plug.
Changing the Oil
- Step 1: Clean the space around the oil filling plug.
- Step 2: Unscrew the oil filling plug.
- Step 3: Tip the engine up so that the oil pours out of the fill hole and into a container that is suitable for holding the oil.
- Step 4: Properly dispose of the oil oil.
- Step 5: Add 2.03 fl. oz. (60 ml) of SAE 30 oil into the filling hole.
- Step 6: Reinstall the oil filling plug.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.