Published on August 17th, 2016 | by Brandon0
How to Remove Old Trimming Line from Your Troy-Bilt 4-Cycle String Trimmer
When installing new trimming line, it’s sometimes necessary to remove/clean any old trimming line and other obstructions that may be clogging up the spool and trimmer head in general. Follow the process below to clean the trimmer head before installing new trimmer line.
Before servicing any power equipment, follow the safety instructions laid out in your owner’s manual. Make sure the equipment is completely stopped, cooled down, and that no parts are moving before attempting to service your equipment.
- Step 1: Press in on the tabs that are on the cutting head.
- Step 2: Take off the spool cover.
- Step 3: Clean out any old trimming line or any other obstructions that may be present.
- Step 4: Clean the reel, outer spool, and spool cover using a clean cloth.
- Step 5: Line up the tabs on the spool cover with the out spool’s holes.
- Step 6: Place the cover on the outer spool until the tabs snap in place.
For information about safety, warranty, and your specific model, read and be familiar with your owner’s manual.